Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Acid Face Cream

THE BEST Skin Care product I have ever used!  

When I first saw this product mentioned on You Tube I was curious ~ can something very reasonably priced and not a name brand really be all that great?  Well let me just say I was completely wrong in my thinking.  I picked this up because I was looking for anything to help my skin.  Just so you know I have combination skin with hyper pigmentation and my pores seem to get clogged easy and appear larger. 

First, the basics: 
This face cream contains 8% of AHA.  You can find it at most Walgreens and it cost around $6.99.  This type of face cream is a chemical exfoliate and helps exfoliate dead skin cells, assists skin tone and skin texture.   The cream is fragrance free, light and somewhat whipped in texture.  You only need to apply a thin layer, as it will only penetrate the top layer.  I use this at night after I have cleansed my face and applied a toner. 

After the first application, I could not believe how soft my face was.  I thought this might dry my skin out but it did not.  I have been using it for a little over a month and have been thinking about buying a case of it for fear that it may be discontinued.  (if you've ever experienced finding something that you can not live without, only to find that they are taking it away you know what I mean).  I ABSOLUTELY love this cream.  I use it on my elbows to keep them super soft and also on my feet in the summer.

Now for the benefits that I have noticed on my face.  My pore size has drastically shrunk and the tone and texture of my skin is amazing.  I have noticed my pores are clear and unclogged.  My skin looks and feels like it did when I was in High School.  I am truly loving this product and it has made it in my desert island products.

I hope that you found this review helpful and please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you!  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment